Why India For IVF & Surrogacy
India is a main destination for medical tourism. Indian clinics are becoming more competitive, not just in the pricing, but in the hiring and retention of Indian females as surrogates under legal arrangements. Commercial surrogacy is permitted in India and this has increased the international confidence in going in for surrogacy in India. But as of 2014, a surrogacy ban was placed on homosexual couples and single parents. All surrogates at the clinic sign a contract agreeing to hand over the baby, which reassures prospective parents to embark on a journey to fulfillment. The consents are taken in writing from all the parties seeking assisted reproductive technology. The surrogates are well taken care of and well compensated, their children and family are also dealt with great empathy and all the daily needs are taken care of during her absence.
WHO CAN USE SURROGATE
Women with medical problems such as uterus hysterectomy, fibroids in uterus, age factor, repeated IVF failure condition that makes pregnancy impossible or medically risky, such as chemotherapy, heart disease and Juvenile uterus
WHO CAN BE A SURROGATE
Few criteria should be kept In mind while choosing a surrogate. The surrogate should be at
- Few criteria should be kept In mind while choosing a surrogate. The surrogate should be at least 21 years of age but not more than 35 years.
- Should have given birth to at least one healthy baby.
- Should have been medically tested for diseases, sexually transmitted or otherwise and all other communicable diseases which may endanger the health of the child.
- No woman shall act as a surrogate for more than five successful live births in her life, including her own children.
FINDING A SURROGATE
Surrogates are generally provided by the surrogacy agency and ART banks registered under ICMR .These agencies work in collaboration with the fertility clinics. Amongst a large pool of preselected surrogate mothers clients are free to pick and choose the surrogate of their choice.
Clinics charge patient for the complete package including fertilization, fee of the surrogate and clinic, delivery of the baby in the hospital. Patients from industrialized nations may have to pay the cost of flight tickets, medical procedures, hotel, and legal advisors as a part of their package.
- What makes Seeds of innocence unique from other fertility clinics is its collaboration with the department of reproductive medicine of the University Hospital of Ghent, Belgium, represented by Prof. Dr. Petra De Sutter. This clinical collaboration is one of its kinds in referring and discussing cases, helping in clinical trials, exchanging academic expertise and in setting up quality management for exemplary services.
- The clinic is registered under ICMR (Indian Council Of Medical Research, Website: www.icmr.nic.in) and follows the guidelines and parameters set by the council without any deviation. We strictly follow the PC PNDT act, sex determination and sex selection is a big no at our clinic and we promote to save the girl child by prohibiting female feticide at our clinic.
- We have delivered healthy babies throughout the globe. Our dedicated and skilled team of ART Clinicians and Embryologists has helped us to achieve sky high success rates.
- We at Seeds of innocence understand that there is nothing worse than being kept in the dark, not knowing the options available and how to select the most genuine and cost effective program. To fulfill your parenthood dreams we offer our much coveted surrogacy experience, skills, advice on the surrogacy process, the Indian medical visa, the foreigners registration process, the baby’s passport & citizenship as well as concierge services including patient’s transport and accommodation in India. It is our responsibility to arrange egg donor, surrogate, lawyers and the entire paper work.
How to Start
- Contact www.seedsofinnocence.com and ask for surrogacy.
- You will be guided through the procedure of surrogacy.
- Collect all your fertility reports and obtain a letter from your family doctor indicating unable to conceive.
- You may be asked to undergo blood/semen/hormonal tests which the clinic will describe.
- We will send you our clinic’s covering letter and consent letter for surrogacy.
- Contact your country’s high commission for medical visa application and surrogacy approval and get a response stating that your country recognizes surrogacy and the child/children born to you through surrogacy will be permitted in their country as a biological child/children of the couple commissioning surrogacy.
- Contact the Indian high commission in your country and obtain medical visa giving the above letters as proof along with other documents and identity proof.
- If both partners in a couple are holding Indian passports, they do not need to procure any special visa. If they are living abroad, they can undergo surrogacy in India. They also do not need to register with the FRRO. They have to though provide an affidavit that they will not change their citizenship, during the surrogacy process.
Finalizing The Dates
Once you have the medical visa, your donor and surrogate are finalized and cycle dates will be given to you. Mother / Egg donor and surrogates menstrual cycles are synchronized by using BCP.
Visit To India
If the intended mother is capable of providing oocytes then her ovaries will be stimulated by giving gonadotropins for about 11-13 days. If you start the stimulation in your country then you have to be at the hospital by day 6 of stimulation. This will help in minimizing the number of days of stay in India. If the entire treatment has to be done then you have to be here in India on the first day of your menstrual cycle.
In case of Egg Donor you are expected to be in India at least 3-4 days prior to the egg retrieval and another 2 days for embryo transfer. It is mandatory in case of egg donors that both the partners travel together on medical visa as per the laws.
Leave all your worries and avoid being frowned upon of flying to India. We are here to serve you with the best ambience and care. Contact us to book a nearby hotel/apartment and a reliable transport for clinic visits. We’ll also find you a nanny, maid or nurse as the ones offered by the hospital are well trained well paid.
- We would try and organize your first visit at our hospital, when it is most convenient to you on your arrival.
- Carry the list of the documents that will be stated in your mail.
- As per the Hospital’s requirements, we will have to repeat few tests in India. We thus may get few of your blood (Infectious screening tests) done today.
- You have to register yourself at the FRRO in India and our representative will guide you all the way through.
The Intended parents can view, choose & select their choice of surrogate after their arrival to India or we can send the profile on your mail before you fly. The selected surrogate mother will undergo an IVF procedure and will carry the baby to term. She is housed, clothed and fed. She is carefully monitored during the term and provided the best of pre and post natal care. This attention to detail ensures that the baby will be healthy and well developed. The financial transaction between the ART Banks and surrogate are made transparent.
Agreement between the two are acknowledged and signed. The surrogate is impregnated by using IVF method, wherein the cycle may be of different type depending upon the treatment plan of the intended parent. The eggs are retrieved from the female partner and fertilized with the male partner’s sperm. The embryos hence formed are transferred in the uterus of the surrogate. A blood test after 14 days is conducted to confirm the pregnancy.
When The Surrogate Conceives:
Once the surrogate conceives first of all she is made comfortable in the surrogate home nearby the clinic with friendly and healthy ambience. All the blood tests and anti natal checkups are performed. Ultrasound sans, medications and healthy diet is provided in a timely manner. A full time nurse accompanies her for all her medical necessities. Her family and children are taken care of in her absence. Any emergency is quickly dealt with. We try for the normal delivery of the surrogate until and unless there is any fetal indication. The surrogate is well taken care of after the delivery.
When The Child is Born
Congrats!! For being parents of a healthy baby.
To avail the citizenship of your country of your child and his/her passport, we help you in filing the application. With the child’s birth certificate issued by SOI, proof of payment of SOI bills and agreement between the surrogate and the ART bank you need to file an application for the citizenship in your country’s embassy in India. If required a DNA test can be done. The standard time for the entire procedure is approximately two weeks.
You will also need to obtain an Indian exit visa affixed in the child's passport prior to departing from India. You and your partner must provide a signed and dated statement to the Consular Section stating:
- The marital status of you and your partner.
- That your child was born through surrogacy procedure.
- The details of the child’s genetic parents.
The Consular Section will issue a letter for the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) to assist you with the child’s Indian exit visa application.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF SURROGACY CYCLE
Self Egg Cycle
The eggs of the intended mother are fertilized with the intended father’s sperm and the resulting embryos are transferred in the uterus of the surrogate.
Egg Donation Cycle
Donor eggs are retrieved and fertilized with the intended father’s sperm and the embryos are transferred to surrogate mother
Frozen Embryos Cycle
Egg retrieved from the donor or intended mother are frozen earlier and later fertilized with the sperm of male partner to form embryos. These embryos are then transferred to the surrogate mother.
Embryos donated by other couples can be adopted for self transfer only. In India, embryos adoption cannot be done to the surrogate mother.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SURROGACY
Couples are eligible for surrogacy only for medical reasons listed below
- Uterine Conditions: Removal , Absence , Deformed or Juvenile uterus
- Pelvic Conditions: Pelvic inflammatory Disease, Endometriosis Etc.
- Systemic Condition: Heart Disease , Epilepsy ,Diabetes or Renal Conditions
- Fertility: Multiple failed IVF, Multiple Miscarriages
- The foreign man & woman should have been married and the marriage should have sustained for at least two years.
- Visa category should be medical visa. A letter from the foreign ministry of the country should be enclosed with the visa Application mentioning that the country recognizes surrogacy and the child born will be permitted entry into their country as a biological child of the couple.
- The partners should be less than 46 years of age.
- The couple should be physically present in India at least once before the embryo transfer. Both partners must be registered at FRRO.
- OCI/PIO card holders arriving India for surrogacy will not require a separate medical visa.
- No Indian surrogate is allowed to travel abroad for surrogacy.
RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF SURROGACY
- Both the couple and the surrogate mother shall enter into a surrogacy agreement that is legally enforceable.
- Surrogacy arrangement will continue to be governed by contract amongst parties, which will contain all the terms requiring consent of surrogate mother to bear child, agreement of her husband and other family members for the same, medical procedures of artificial insemination, reimbursement of all reasonable expenses for carrying child to full term, willingness to hand over the child born to the commissioning parents etc.
- A couple shall not avail the services of more than one surrogate at any given time.
- A surrogate mother cannot act as an oocyte donor for the couple seeking surrogacy.
- A relative or a known person to the couple may act as a surrogate.
- If the woman acting as a surrogate is married the consent of her husband is mandatory.
- Surrogate woman should not be less than 21 years of age and not over 35 years of age.
- Simultaneous transfer of embryos in the woman and the surrogate is prohibited.
- Surrogate mother should be medically tested for sexually transmitted diseases and all other diseases which may endanger the health of the child.
- The birth certificate of the surrogate child should contain the names of the commissioning parents only.
- Right to privacy of donor as well as surrogate mother should be protected.
- Legislation itself should recognize a surrogate child to be the legitimate child of the commissioning parents without there being any need for adoption or even declaration of guardian.