How to increase your chances of pregnancy through IVF
Are you soon to embark on your IVF journey? Well, you’re not alone; more and more childless couples these days are opting for this technology of having a biological baby. However, in order to make the process smoother and increase the chances of conceiving, there are certain measures both you and your partner need to take. Thus, besides opting for a reliable IVF centre and consulting a highly experienced IVF specialist, you should also follow the tips below:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Experts suggest this is extremely crucial to ensure the success of your IVF process. Being obese or underweight can increase the time of conception and have a negative impact on the IVF process. Implement dietary changes, enrol in weight loss programs, seek help from professionals- do whatever it takes to stick to a healthy weight. Note that being overweight can make it difficult to monitor the ovaries during IVF, and also create complications during egg retrievals.
- Optimize sperm health: Some doctors recommend the use of multivitamins for men, besides maintaining optimal body weight. For certain cases, they may prescribe medication to help boost the sperm count and quality, which will positively impact the IVF process.
- Minimize stress: Basal stress levels can hamper natural as well as assisted conception rates. This might seem challenging since couples undergoing IVF are often stressed out over the stimulation cycle. You can improve the outcome by using acupuncture and other stress-relieving techniques, such as mind-body programs, resilience training workshops, and so on.
- Quit smoking: Smoking adversely affects egg and sperm quality, and hence, can drastically decrease the chances of IVF success. Besides involving your friends and family to encourage you in the process, you can also go for structured programs and/or pharmacological assistance to get rid of this habit.
- Take supplements: Some supplements help in increasing egg quantity and quality. However, you must consult your IVF specialist before taking any such supplements.
- Ensure adequate levels of vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency is quite a common issue, and some recent reports have been increasingly linking this to infertility and worse IVF outcomes. Make sure you get your vitamin D level checked, following which you can confirm with your doctor whether you should take a vitamin D supplement.
- Let persistence and patience be your mantra: According to experts, patients may need more than one cycle of IVF to obtain an embryo for transfer. Also, the outcome can vary significantly from cycle to cycle. Say if your first cycle wasn’t successful, the IVF specialist may adjust the medications to optimize the subsequent one. Or you might just have to keep at it. In either circumstance, don’t get discouraged by setbacks, as this is something beyond your control. You need to take good care of yourself and not blame yourself if things don’t work out.
Seeds of Innocence is a leading chain of fertility clinics with several branches across India. Armed with a team of experienced and highly qualified IVF specialists, we are a one-stop solution to all your woes and concerns regarding infertility.