What mistakes to avoid when it comes to IVF treatment?
IVF or in-vitro fertilization is a medical procedure, which helps in artificial fertilization. It involves the placement of the sperm with the ovum to make an embryo outside in a laboratory setup.
IVF treatment involves a series of cycles, and its success depends upon many factors like age and health of the patient. It has been observed that the first cycle has the most failure cases. Very rarely, you would find a patient who conceived after just one cycle. The main reason is that people aren’t aware of the precautions to take during the treatment.
Here are a few mistakes you should avoid while undergoing IVF treatment.
- Being careless with lifestyle choices: It’s advisable that one should start maintaining a healthy lifestyle six months prior to the treatment. When it comes to a healthy lifestyle, we’d recommend having a nutritious diet, avoiding smoking, and abstaining from alcohol. Such lifestyle changes will help you achieve a healthy body. Remember that if you’re healthy, chances of success in IVF treatment are much higher.
- Stressing too much: It is inevitable that such a process can induce stress, but too much stress can result in hormonal imbalance. Therefore, we suggest that you include some relaxing exercises like meditation in your daily routine to keep stress at bay.
- Messy routine with no plan: IVF can be a cumbersome process with lots of tests, medicines, timelines, and scans. Having a good schedule with a thorough plan helps to calm the nerves. Stock up all medication in advance. Set reminders for every dosage. Do not miss any single dosage, as it will ruin the medical course. We always tell our patients to be mentally prepared for the entire process right at the beginning itself.
- Having high expectations: The success of the IVF treatment depends upon many things. The chances are that the first cycle results in no positive results. Then, we are also aware that each case is different. So, we’d suggest to stay neutral about the entire procedure and always keep a backup plan.
- Delaying the treatment: There is a misconception in society that IVF treatment is for older women. In fact, younger women have more chances of conceiving in the first cycle. One should not wait till the late 30s to get an IVF treatment. Age plays an important factor in the success of the treatment. Remember, the older the ovum, the lesser chances of fertilization.
The gift of a child feels magical. The IVF process requires patience, hope, and calmness. Failure of the process can be devastating for the people involved. It is essential not to lose hope. Make sure to follow the above-mentioned tips. Leave no room for mistakes.
Seeds of Innocence is one of India’s leading chain of IVF centres. Led by Dr Gauri Agarwal, we provide specialist infertility treatments. Our centres are equipped with in-house genetic labs. We deliver the best results with a success rate of 78%. We make miracles happen. Start your family with us. Schedule your appointment now.